[PLUG] Convert httpd log file format

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri May 21 11:46:02 UTC 2004

In a typical MS verses the world fiasco I was logging http access data as
W3C Extended (Microsoft -- embrace and enhance) format then won the main
battle and went back to combined.  Now I have a pile of these buggers that
I'd like to get converted (as close as possible) to combined format.
   Awstats didn't like them when I tried to use it to read them in so
there may be an issue with the actual format.  I had found an Apache
LogFormat that claimed it was for W3C Extended but the 'other (Windows)'
log analysis program didn't like it either so this may be in vain.

Searches give me almost nothing on the topic and my attempts to figure out
a method to convert haven't panned out.  Anyone have a script or program
or can point me towards one to do this?

TIA,
Rod