[PLUG] Fedora RC2 warning...

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 14:33:01 UTC 2004

This is sort of a warning for everyone who is attempting to install
Fedora RC2....

I did 3 installations of it.  The first two works just fine.
The 3rd one did not.  The Nvidia driver broke (I am using QuattroFX
card....)
The other 2 boxes that worked are using older Nvidia chipsets and they are
fine.

I did a google search and apparently this is a known issue.  And someone
reported
that the *latest* kernel, 2.6.6, works fine.  I am trying to fetch
the patches but can't get to kernel.org (verio.net seems to be having
problems).

So, be forewarned that you are using a *newer* Nvidia chipset on your video
card,
you may want rethink about using Fedora RC2...

--Vincent