[PLUG] tcp/ip networking with g77 fortran?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat May 22 11:18:02 UTC 2004

My fortran writing experience is rather old now, but in the context of
working with some legacy fortran code (that is actually quite fast
compiled with g77 -O6), I have been wondering whether it is possible
(and are there examples available) for making fortran code network
aware?  That is, I want to know how tractable it is to retrofit an
interface to load input data over a tcp socket instead of from a file.
Any clues or pointers?  I am not succeeding in my google query
attempts.

seniorr at aracnet.com