[PLUG] win4lin?

Andy Davidson pheon at hevanet.com
Sun May 23 08:12:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 06:20:51PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Next question: since the vendor supplies a kernel patch that must be
> applied and the system rebooted, can the same patch be applied to new
> kernels when as you apply them?

I believe you need a new patch file for each new kernel.  NeTraverse
is pretty good about getting them out quickly.

I'm not sure, 'cause I use a generic kernel on Mandrake and NeTraverse have
prebuilt kernels for that.

>   I wonder how this works with the Slackware kernel upgrades since pkgtool
> handles this automatically.

No idea, but my impression is that it is a very simple,
easy-to-install patch, especially if you're knowledgeable at building
kernels, which you seem to be.

andy
Andy Davidson	pheon at hevanet.com
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.