[PLUG] Fedora RC2 warning...

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon May 24 20:53:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 01:04, E. Rogan Creswick wrote:
> Alan writes:
>  > I am now using the 2.6.6 kernel from Rawhide.  It is being much more
>  > responsive on my dual AMD.  It also fixes the apic problems.  (Or so I
>                     ^^^^^^^^
>
> That wouldn't happen to be an opteron, would it? (If so, I'd like to
> know more about your setup.. 32 vs 64, drivers.. etc.)

I wish!

Dual AMD Athlon MP 2600+ with 512megs of ram.  It has been a pain
getting a kernel that has been reliable for it.  (The apic bug has been
a big problem. Not to mention some major ide issues.  They seem to be
fixed in 2.6.6 though.)

--
"I say to you that the VCR is to the American film producer and the
American public as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone."