[PLUG] postfix alias not working for one user...

Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) Rob.Anderson at nike.com
Tue May 25 11:11:01 UTC 2004

> On Tue, 25 May 2004, Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) wrote:
>
> > Hey folks, I have an email server, running postfix, with several
> > email aliases setup for convenience. One such alias is "everyone",
> > which, as you might guess, contains a list of everyone who has an
> > email account on the server. The alias works for everyone
> except one
> > user.
>
> Did you check the logs to make sure that a message wasn't sent to
> him/her? I'm wondering if s/he has something morally equivalent to a
> procmail filter that's deleting or moving it.
>
> --Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

The only procmail filter for this user is one that pipes mail through spamassassin. There is no filter to move or delete mail that is marked as spam and the users all share an autowhitelist database. None of the other users had my recent mail to everyone marked as SPAM. I looked through the logs for the users name and it looks like there was an email sent to this user around the time that I sent an email to the everyone alias, but the mail never made it into their inbox. It is likely that this log entry was for the message I sent, but there is no way I can tell for sure, is there?

-Rob Anderson