[PLUG] Problem with my new gentoo system...

Michael Robinson plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Tue May 25 11:38:02 UTC 2004

I can't get fsck to install.  I get errors about bzip2 every time I try
to emerge.  Something about it being moved while it's being copied.
I am getting weird errors about directories under bzip2 in the portage
tree not being files.  I'm stumped.

So far, this looks to be the only barrier to having a system that boots
cleanly.  I didn't bother with setting a hostname permanently
or configuring /etc/hosts because this is a laptop.

Has anyone else had trouble with aggressive CFLAGS and gentoo?  What are
working CFLAGS settings for the initial install?

I didn't have proc mounted when I first attempted the bootstrap.sh
script.  I stopped the script, mounted proc, and restarted it.
I'm wondering if something got corrupted to the point of me having to
start over.

     --  Michael C. Robinson