[PLUG] !@#$% Color in PuTTY terminals

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue May 25 12:06:04 UTC 2004

I'm stuck at work with a WinXP system and use PuTTY to get to the servers
I admin and develop on.

The problem is the damn colorization of everything.  ls, ll, vi, emacs,
... is driving me crazy.  Is there a simple way to shut off colorization
for all applications?  I've looked at the files in /etc/profile.d but the
colorization made them nearly impossible to read and discover if there was
a single file/setting solution.

TIA,
Rod