[PLUG] Fedora Core 2 (?)

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 13:40:04 UTC 2004

Between work and home, I have 4 linux boxes.  I have upgraded 3 of them
already.
And yes, there are *substantial* performance improvement.  I only have
problem with one of the 3 boxes not having a working Nvidia driver.
Yes, that was annoying but performance improvement is quite substantial, I
just leave that
box with the 2.6 kernel (but no X) as server.

The 2 boxes that upgraded just fine (with X supported well) is using Nvidia
Riva TNT2 and ATI Rage 128 as video cards respectively.  The box with video
card problem is using Quadro FX 500 from Nvidia.  Someone was saying that
GeFORCE works fine under the 2.6 kernel.
My 4th box is a GeFORCE card and I have not been able to find time to do the
upgrade.