[PLUG] Anyone ever crack a Vaio laptop case?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue May 25 16:15:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 16:03, Ken Benderly wrote:
> The hard drive in my Sony Vaio pcg-505tr crashed hard.  I tried cracking
> the case, but I can't separate the hinge assembly from the lower half.
> This prevents me from accessing the guts and the hard drive.  Useful
> tips would be greatly appreciated.

How old is that Vaio?

Most laptops have hard drive access panels of some sort on the bottom...
you rarely need to dig into the guts.  Of course, I've never ripped open
a Vaio.

I have a friend who replaced his hard drive in his Vaio a few years ago,
he didn't have any issues, but I didn't see it.

Did Google know anything about it?

Rob