[PLUG] Anyone ever crack a Vaio laptop case?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 25 16:43:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 lbrigman at fcpa.fujitsu.com wrote:

> >The hard drive in my Sony Vaio pcg-505tr crashed hard.  I tried cracking
> >the case, but I can't separate the hinge assembly from the lower half.
> >This prevents me from accessing the guts and the hard drive.  Useful
> >tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I'm using a PCG-FX200 series.
> The Vaio that I replaced the hard drive on didn't open from the bottom.
> I had to remove the speaker bar on top, then the keyboard from the top.
> Once that was out of the way, there was capture brackets that held the
> drive in place.

  I have a Vaio PCG-V505BC. When I doubled the RAM I took the machine to
Northwest Computer Support. I can confirm that the system disassembles from
the top because I had to make a second trip there so they could seat the
keyboard properly.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>