[PLUG] Movie trailers

Mark Morgan lemming at quirkyqatz.com
Thu May 27 10:03:02 UTC 2004

Evan Heidtmann said:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 18:55, Mel Andres wrote:
>> Today I received this link in an email:
>> http://www.thedayaftertomorrow.com/trailer2/
>> I was hoping the problem was related to Yahoo, but evidently not.
>
> If you're like me and your connection speed is too slow for the quality
> you want, you might want to just download the movie. This is difficult
> for windows and realplayer urls (they use their own streaming protocol -
> use mencoder), but the quicktime video on that site is an http download.
> Just look at the source.
>
> If your connection is fast enough, then the mplayerplug-in is probably
> the best bet.

I generally do the same.  Look at the html source to find out where
they've actually got the film, then make a quick wget to fetch it.
Sometimes this means jumping through a couple hoops.
Then play it using mplayer.  I used to have it work via my browser, but
every so often I run into a problem with it.

--
Mark
http://www.kittydream.org - House of Dreams Cat Shelter