[PLUG] LED printers with linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 27 10:28:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   The linuxprinting.org Web site does not list the Oki 9200N color LED
> printer at all. Does anyone know if this printer is supported under linux?
> Any color LED printers?

  It is supported by EasySoftware's PrintPro; that's good 'cause I have a
copy of that. Now, has anyone used any of these led printers? I'm wondering
about the cost of supplies, output quality and local sources.

  My HP Professional Series 2500C has done very well, but it's comparatively
slow, _very_ expensive to operate[1] and takes a lot of room.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>

[1] Separate ink cartridges (at almost $40 each) and separate print heads
(about the same prices) for CYMK makes this an expensive printer to run.