[PLUG] Movie trailers

Garrett Mickelson gmickels at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 15:06:02 UTC 2004

Mel,
Distro shouldn't be an issue. What I do is find one location for all
plugins, i.e. /usr/lib/mozilla (Fedora Core 2) and then simlink the
plugins directory in all other mozilla directories to that one. Mozilla
usually scans a number of directories to find plugins including
~/.mozilla/plugins, /opt/mozilla/plugins, /usr/lib/mozilla-X.X/plugins,
etc. but I find it easiest to locate all plugins in one directory then
simlink to it. Most non-ditro based RPMs tend to
use /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ as the install location for their plugins.
Your solution maybe something like that.
As for realplayer, first uninstall the old RP:
rpm -e RealPlayer-8.0.3.465-10
then install the new:
rpm -Uvh RealPlayer-0.3.0.120-20040517.i586.rpm

This will install the plugin automagically
into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, btw.

The interface is much nicer and is GTK2. It handles media better than
RP8 as well.

Good luck!

-Garrett

Garrett Mickelson
gmickels at yahoo.com

Micro$oft, your potential (to earn money), our passion (to extort it).