[PLUG] IM Servers

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Thu May 27 19:23:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 11:42, Chris Jantzen wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 09:54:28AM -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> > > Maybe try a different client? Like GAIM?
> >
> > I did... I've tried psi, GAIM, and tkabber.  It half-works with gaim
> > because gaim stores the contact list locally.  If everybody used gaim,
> > it *might* work, but I don't think it would continually update itself as
> > it should.
> >
> > It's a bug in Jabber nobody seems to care about except for me.
>
> Maybe we should fix it, then?

That would, I suppose, be an ideal solution.  :-)

I guess I'll dig around the mod_groups code a little bit and see if I
see anything that makes sense.  I really have neither the time nor the
talent to do any significant programming, especially in c.  Jabberd is
an odd monstrosity of code...

The lead jabberd developer seems, thus far, wholly uninterested in
mod_groups support at this stage of the game.

Rob