[PLUG] (Very) OT - Body armor

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Thu May 27 19:45:03 UTC 2004

I have been trying to stay out of this mess, but this time I have to
speak up.

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 22:58, Michael Robinson wrote:
> Some war hero, why doesn't he support body armor for
> the troops among other essential supplies?

If you were watching PBS TV last Friday night (NOW with Bill Moyers),
you would know the truth about that misleading TV ad. Right after the
Vietnam war, when most of the country (Democrat and Republican) was
trying to reduce the size of the military, Kerry joined a great number
of Congressmen in voting against a large spending bill. One of the many
(MANY) items on the spending bill was body armor.

In short, characterizing a vote against an appropriations bill as a lack
of support for body armor is ridiculous and misleading.

I know it is too much to ask, but it pays to check your facts before
making allegations. Most everything you see in political ads (from
either side of the aisle) is misleading.

Evan

P.S. I'm not going to respond to anything you say in response to this,
so just don't bother. If you must say something, please send it directly
to me.