[PLUG] Movie trailers

Steve Nelson steve at out-of-control.com
Thu May 27 21:04:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

I use Mandrake 9.1 with MPlayer and the mplayerplug-in with Mozilla. I
have all the codecs that are available for MPlayer and when I went to
movies.yahoo.com and chose the Spiderman2 movie trailer it played with
no problems.

Some of the streaming video requires java to be working within your
browser. Is that perhaps the problem with your setup? Do you have java
working in your browser? Otherwise I can only suggest that perhaps your
sound card was tied up with something else when you tried to play the
trailer -- which will cause mplayerplug-in to not play. (were you
listening to some mp3's at the time or something?).

Anyways -- the trailer does work under Linux. If you give more detail
perhaps I can help.

HTH
Steve

--