[PLUG] (Very) OT - Body armor

GLL guy1656 at ados.com
Fri May 28 08:10:02 UTC 2004

 Even if you are going to the Middle East,
: > perhaps you should have your own, because then it will
: > be yours to keep, and you might find that civilian
: > life is not much safer, depending upon where you live.
:
: The military tends to frown on us getting and using personally procured
: gear in a deployment.
:
: Rob

Not in all cases. Documentation exists on both sides of WW-1 and -2 that
snipers often sent home for their favorite scoped deer rifle to please be
sent to the front, and these tools were warmly received by their brothers in
arms on arrival.

I have also heard about Vietnam soldiers bringing a trusty farm-use 12-gauge
with them for jungle use, but I cannot confirm that.

- GLL