[PLUG] Memory oddity...

Michael Robinson plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Fri May 28 16:14:02 UTC 2004

I picked up some generic PC100 on ebay and it says low profile on it.
 Does this simply mean that the DIMM is
short compared to other DIMMS?  I'm mixing it with Kingston ram and
testing it now, hopefully memtest will
still be cranking away tomorrow.  I had one heck of a time getting it to
detect.  I'm testing it on a VA503+ board,
these can support 512 megs can't they?  I figure with DIMMS that they
can be mixed since they are fully
populated, unlike their simm predecessors.  Unlike Kingston memory on
Ebay, the price of this generic
was actually reasonable.  I've seen an awful lot of this or that DIMM
didn't work, isn't all PC100 ram
equal?  How about PC133 modules?