[PLUG] Gentoo running, filesystem and sound trouble... sound resolved.

Michael Robinson plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Fri May 28 21:36:02 UTC 2004

AthlonRob wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 13:57, Michael Robinson wrote:
>

>>I'm attaching the kernel config for my running kernel.  I think I'm running
>>devfs, it's in there if I am.
>>

>That is rather rude... you just forced everybody on this mailing list to
>download 33K of stuff.

Are you asking me to attach my kernel instead Rob?  The .config is the
shortest
definitive reference I know of on how my kernel is configured.

Are you capable of anything other than harsh criticism when it comes to
discouraging
the things you find rude?  It can get really irritating at times.

If the list administrator wants to set a maximum length for a single
posting, he/she  is
welcome to do so.  It's not as if I'm purposely pushing a ton of
information on people
to jam up their systems.  Not too long ago, I was using a modem myslef
to go
online :-)

As far as message size, what is the maximum size that is reasonable
for everyone to take?  How can one check his/her size in mozilla, pine,
mailx, your favorite unlisted MUA?