[PLUG] Unsolicited Bulk Email, by a technical definition

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun May 30 01:23:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Aaron Burt <aaron at speakeasy.org> writes:
> > Actually, he's asking someone to intervene on his behalf in resolving
> > a common problem with someone who is refusing to communicate directly
> > with him.
>
> And there's probably a reason for that, Mr. Burt.  Athalon Rob clearly
> doesn't want anything to do with Mr. Brelin.

Actually, someone contacted Rob and he removed me from his block list and
sent me a message regarding his request.

Thanks to whomever did that (or maybe he just read the archives? not
certain).

> Please respect Athalon Rob's right to not listen.

I don't think willful ignorance is something that should be respected.
It's a bit like respecting the President's right to ignore scientific
counsel.

> > Give Jeme credit for making the overture.
>
> No, it was a low blow.

What was a blow?

> > For some, it never ends.  Might as well enjoy it.
>
> So why are you advocating such childish behavior?

Um, I think plugging your ears and shaking your head whilst others try to
talk to you is childish behavior.  A block on a particular address is
analogous.

I don't know why I didn't just send him a message from a different
address, though.  He certainly doesn't have all of my domains blocked.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net