[PLUG] Unsolicited Bulk Email, by a technical definition

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon May 31 13:57:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 31 May 2004, John Meissen wrote:
> It's no different than using kill lists with newsreaders. It makes your
> online experience a lot more enjoyable and avoids a lot of flaming.

Ignorance is not bliss and willfull ignorance is sociopathic.

> Why wouldn't you want to respect his obvious desire to not communicate
> with you?

A person cannot know whether or not they want information until they are
presented with that information and can make a decision.  It's a flat
contradiction to say that you can know what you don't want to know.

> That's a spammer's attitude, that your message is more important than
> his wish to not see it.

Um, not quite.  Spam is unsolicited.  This guy was soliciting responses.

And I was right.  He was interested to read my response and removed the
block.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin