[PLUG] Anyone Using Scribus?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 2 16:18:16 UTC 2004

   I tried using the latest Scribus (1.2) last evening, but failed at the
first attempt to put a graphic frame on the top of the page and insert a
masthead graphic there. Earlier in the year (with version 1.1.5) I found a
superficial tutorial someone had put together, but my system was too slow to
run the application efficiently. So far, I've not found any docs other than
some on-line but not downloadable for printing.

   Has anyone here got it all figured out? Can you use it productively to
produce a newsletter, for example? How do you suggest I start getting up to
speed with it?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)