[PLUG] mozilla products segfaulting

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Fri Nov 5 05:33:13 UTC 2004

Debian testing, which is really really close to becoming
the new stable release.

Suddenly, firefox start segfaulting.  Mozilla 1.7.3 is doing
the same thing.

I've tried both the debian stable package (firefox-0.9.3),
and a 1.0 release untar'd into /usr/local/firefox.  All
are segfaulting.

So I thought it might be something related to gtk. I started
weeding out various dot directories, but thought that creating
a new clean user would be the best test.  Poof!  The new
user created and still all this stuff segfaults.

Interestingly, when run as root or "sudo firefox" it runs
just fine.

I'm stumped.  Some debian bug that I didn't see on an apt-get
dist-upgrade?  If so, I'm sure it will fix itself in a few days.

Any gdb magic I can run to see what exactly is going on?  The
gdb attempt I tried displas a lot of "no debugging symbols" so
I think I have a not-friendly-to-debugging version (makes sense
considering it isn't a cvs release or nightly build).

--
I'm just a packet pusher.