[PLUG] Disappearing Applications

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 7 16:19:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Evan Heidtmann wrote:

> This could be low memory. Those three applications are memory hogs and
> might be being killed when they ask for more.

Evan,

   Aha! Good thought. I need to check how much memory it has. Probably time
for a trip to Memory Time tomorrow or so.

> Whatever it is, starting the application from a terminal window will let
> you see its dying gasps when it croaks.

   See prefers working from runlevel 4 (== 5 on Red Hat and derivatives).
But, we can try launching them from a vt rather than the panel.

Thanks for the pointer,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)