[PLUG] Rescuing Mail After Thunderbird Upgrade

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 8 00:38:31 UTC 2004

   I would appreciate a pointer from those of you who use Thunderbird.

   I just upgraded my fiancee's laptop from thunderbird-0.8 to -0.9. Had to
create the accounts all over again and now I cannot find the messages she
had. Not nice.

   In what directory does thunderbird put the mail? I have ~/Mail for her; is
that correct? I did not find anything in Tools->Account Setup that would let
me point it at whereever the former version was looking. Since I don't use
this MUA I am completely unfamiliar with it.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)