[PLUG] Postfix mailq

Scott Van Hoosen svanhoosen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 17:58:17 UTC 2004

Wil,

When I run mailq, all of the messages queued show "svanhoosen" right
after the date, then shows the To: and From: addresses below. I'm not
sure it shows "svanhoosen" as, though that is my username, I'm "su -"
when I run mailq. Maybe because root maps to svanhoosen in my aliases
file.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions was commented out. Maybe that was the
problem... I'll tweak with it. Here is output from postconf -n:

alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
biff = no
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
empty_address_recipient = svanhoosen
inet_interfaces = all
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
maps_rbl_domains = sbl.spamhaus.org, relays.ordb.org, opm.blitzed.org,
dun.dnsrbl.net, spam.dnsrbl.net
mydestination = $mydomain, mail.vernier.com
mydomain = vernier.com
myhostname = cronus.vernier.com
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-1.1.12/README_FILES
relay_domains = $mydestination
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
hash:/etc/postfix/blacklist
check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/blacklist
soft_bounce = no

-Scott