[PLUG] Postfix mailq

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Fri Nov 12 18:49:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 10:22 -0800, Scott Van Hoosen wrote:
> I just went through my maillog and found some of the messages stuck in
> my mailq. They are addressed to random nonexistant users in my domain.
> Postfix seems to want to bounce replies back to the forged sender.
> Sorry I didn't have this info in my original post. Anyway I would like
> Postfix to stop trying to bounce these back to the sender, but is that
> a bad idea because someone might misspell a real username?

That's why most of us reject mail addressed to unknown local users.
Leave the burden on the connecting mail server; if it's a virus or
spammer of some sort, no bounce will be generated.  If it's a legitimate
mail server, *it* will have the responsibility of generating a bounce.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.