[PLUG] LTSP

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Sun Nov 14 05:09:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 14:01, Aaron Burt wrote:
> For your situation, you'd probably want to set up the second computer
> with a basic local Linux install, with X.  Then (I think) have the
> machine's display manager (XDM, GDM, KDM, etc.) connect to the server
> box instead of localhost.
>
> Don't forget to allow remote connections to the thin client's X server.

That sounds complicated. I just set the display manager (I've only used
GDM) to accept XDMCP requests and then run this on the client:

$ X -query the-server

This is using the regular notion of server/client, not X's notion.

You can put that in /etc/inittab to do it on boot and always restart
when killed.

Evan