[PLUG] Local Colo providers

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Fri Nov 26 21:13:29 UTC 2004

> Hey everybody-
>
> I'm looking at going in with a few friends on a cheap 1U rackmountable
> box to drop somewhere (preferably in the US) for a nice 'play' box.
> It
> will host a few OSS-related webpages, personal webpages, and other
> such
> things.  I'm expecting to use no more than 50GB/month.
>
> I'm looking for a good deal - a really good deal.  Most everybody
> offers
> WAYYYYY more bandwidth than I want or need for more money than I want
> spend.

I'd suggest Primary Target  http://primarytarget.com.  The owner James
is great and has been running a small colo for locale folks for all
sort of needs.  He is inside the Pitock Building and his rates will be
about what you are looking to reach.

$80/month for 50GB

http://www.primarytarget.com/modules.php?name=colofeatures

Also, his primary customers are those renting simple game machines.
He has been in business for many years and is very flexible with
customers needs.  His service is great and you don't have the big
corporate feel.  Now you do lose the instant 24/7 access but that
hasn't been a need of mine.  I tend to solve(and create) my own
problems remotely.

Josh