[PLUG] qwest_for_for_dsl-isp

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat Nov 27 00:43:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> Vram wrote:
> > Is anyone using qwest for a  DSL ISP??
> >
> > I was thinking of getting qwest dsl and qwest is the cheap choice for
> > ISP....
> >
> > I don't need much..
>
> I don't now but did in the past and was happy with them.  Speakeasy had
> some great promotion that caused me to switch.

I am using Qwest through Aracnet.  I have been happy with them.  It has
worked well. Outages have happened, but not for a long while.

You have to make sure that you are not getting the crap MSN service that
Qwest will try and push on you.  The MSN DSL modems are crap.  (They have
Windows only drivers that do not function well under Windows.)  Not
certain what kind of DSLmodems they offer now.  Mine is a pretty old Cisco
box.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.