[PLUG] SAMBA and windows 2000...

Ted Kubaska tkubaska at charter.net
Sat Nov 27 21:23:49 UTC 2004

My home network is also a workgroup (XP Pro and Linux (which is a dual boot
between Linux and XP Pro)). I do not use Active Directory. In fact you need
a Microsoft server like Server 2003 or the older 2K Server to run Active
Directory and manage a domain.

I puzzled sharing files with Linux a while back and wrote up what I found
(samba, active directory, primary domain controllers, LDAP, WINS, etc.). I
understand I cannot attach a doc to this mail. If you want to reply off this
mailing list to tkubaska at ieee.org, I'll send the file to you. Cannot
guarrentee it will help but Windows and Linux can work well together...well,
depends what you want to do, but they share files just fine.

Has PLUG ever had a talk on Windows/Linux interoperability?

 -Ted