[PLUG] SAMBA and windows 2000...

Ted Kubaska tkubaska at charter.net
Sun Nov 28 01:08:05 UTC 2004

I went to a Microsoft event a few weeks ago -- the speaker from Microsoft
expressed offline the interest to speak at some user groups and I mentioned
PLUG. In the spirit of bipartisanship he seemed amenable to a how
Windows/Linux work together talk. If PLUG is interested I can try to put you
guys together. The Microsoft talk dealt a lot with Active Directory.

You're right, basic Samba setup is straightforward, but in retrospect it
seems.  What I do is pretty simple -- mount Windows partitions on Linux and
vice versa. Even so, I struggled with it initially.

 -Ted