[PLUG] Conversion Assistance, Por Favor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 1 09:30:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> If he has a fairly overpowered system... ie; half a gig of RAM, fast hard
> drive, etc... Mandrake might be the way to go.  Or one of the simplified
> Debian distros.  I, personally, like Slackware and Gentoo, but they aren't
> for converts who don't want to really learn Linux.

   What about Knoppix? Isn't this the distribution with training wheels? It
has the advantages of running off the cdrom before being installed onto the
hard drive. Those of you who've played with it can provide more insight.

   I am totally pleased with my move from Red Hat to Slackware but I concur
with Rob that it's not for someone jumping out of Windows.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)