[PLUG] Tom Potter dual boots Linux and Windows

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 1 13:29:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:

> That just gave me an idea: What if Personal Telco got permission and
> cooperation from TriMet to install wifi points set up to run a giant,
> seamless network along the MAX lines?  That would be a big win for
> commuters, as well as being a nice, "Welcome to Portland, please enjoy the
> scenery or browse the web on our cheap, efficient transit" for tourists.

Paul,

   You must have missed the article in The Oregonian not long ago about the
fellow who was mugged and had his laptop stolen by a couple of thugs who
watched him using in on Max. They followed him off the train and stole the
computer.

   Perhaps we don't want to encourage this even if it does expose more people
to linux.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)