[PLUG] Conversion Assistance, Por Favor

Andrew Munkres amunk at pdx.edu
Fri Oct 1 16:49:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Kelly Guimont wrote:

> 3. digital camera software (to import the pix from his Powershot)

In addition to other people's recommendations, some cameras can be used as
USB mass storage devices and therefore don't require additional software.
See this earlier thread:
http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2004-September/035732.html
http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2004-September/035742.html

> So anything you guys can recommend (including flavors! I'm looking for
> Linux for TOTAL Windows users here) is greatly appreciated. I've done
> some web searching but I want to get opinions from some folks with
> actual mileage on these applications. Thanks!

For beginners, I'd recommend one of the derivatives of Red Hat Enterprise
Linux:
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/
http://www.taolinux.org/
http://caosity.org/index.php?option=news&task=viewarticle&sid=34