[PLUG] Re: Got hacked last night - HELP!

Fedor Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Tue Oct 5 22:30:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>
> One of the things that sold me on Debian, right there.  All it takes
> to upgrade if you have a connection to the outside world or (if you're
> insane or otherwise stuck) from the latest CD set:
>
> # apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
Nice. Not unique to Debian though. Fedora is updated with exact same commands,
and so could RedHat, for a while. In fact, one of my FC1 machines haven't seen
the upgrade installer since it ran RH 7.2. apt-get took it to 7.3 then to 9.0
then to FC1.
--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
Mentor Graphics Corporation         | Phone: (503) 685-4857