[PLUG] More Slackware init script questions

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 9 05:08:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:54:28AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   In /etc/rc.d/rc.M are sections to fire up httpd and gpm upon booting:
>
> # Start Apache web server:
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.httpd ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.httpd start
> fi
>
> # Start the GPM mouse server:
> if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm ]; then
>   . /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm start
> fi
>
>   Both rc.httpd and rc.gpm exist and are executable. But, neither is invoked
> during boot. I need to manually fire them up -- as root, of course. Can
> someone please explain why these aren't working?

If you figured out why this wasn't working then just skip onto the next
message, otherwise, did you check to make sure those two scripts were
+x?  If they are then try /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm start from the command line
and see what happens.  It should fire up gpm and /etc/rc.d/rc.gpm stop
should kill it.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7