[PLUG] Printing from Pine

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 10 16:31:02 UTC 2004

   For years the printers were directly connected to the server and printing
from pine invoked enscript so that the messages were nicely formatted. Now
the printers are nodes on the network and pine apparently cannot find them.
I changed the default (Setup -> Printers) on the last line to 'lpr -P
laser5_duplex' and was able to print a message, but unformatted.

   /etc/printcap has the latest definitions from /etc/cups/printers.conf. But
I must need a different invocation of enscript now and I don't have a clue
where to make that change (nor what change to make) in the pine printer
setup.

   Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President