[PLUG] Setting up Web site

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Oct 11 09:52:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Perhaps it was because I had terminal slashes when I tried this
> that it didn't work correctly.

Trailing slashes have also tripped me up in this sort of situation.

> Now, in /var/www/htdocs/ I have a link to the development directory,
> but when I try "ls aesi-devel" I don't see the contents of that
> directory. This is why I thought I did not have the proper command
> syntax.
>
> [root at salmo ~]# ls /var/www/htdocs/aesi-devel /var/www/htdocs/aesi-devel@
>
>  Shouldn't I see the contents of the linked directory?

Here again, a trailing slash will make a big difference:

   [heinlein]$ ls projects
   projects@
   [heinlein]$ ls projects/
   ataboy/         eduspam/         net-snmp/       solaris/
   build/          ldap/            oneoffs/        src/      xml/
   dirscan/        linux/           random/         tmp/      xxxapache
   doc/            log.springer.gz  retreat/        tmp2/     y2k/

> And, when I do, how do I address it in a browser?
> http://localhost/aesi-devel/?

That'd be my hunch.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>