[PLUG] Not seeing whole page loaded from local httpd server

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 11 15:51:01 UTC 2004

   Well, now that I have apache pointed to the Web page development directory
I thought that I'd see the entire page -- including header and footer. But,
I don't. I can load the page but it's no different from opening a file in a
browser; all I see is the information in that file but the header and footer
are not displayed. Sigh.

   I thought this would be simple. Guess I was wrong. When I tell firefox to
open http://localhost/aesi-devel/ shouldn't I see the default 'index.shtml'
rather than the contents of that directory? Obviously, I'm still missing a
piece of the puzzle here.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)