[PLUG] Re: Bad shutdown and file system damage

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 22:25:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:35:14 -0700 (PDT), Ovid
<publiustemp-plug at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who offered advice.  My system now appears to be up
> and running just fine.  I will confess that I didn't understand the
> output from rpm -Va, but after running e2fsck on my filesystems,
> everything is spiffy.
That'll show you the list of files modified compared to pristine RPM packages.
Some of them, like configuration files in /etc, are often customized.
But if you see some libraries or executables in this list, you have
some corruption and need to reinstall the RPMs which own these files.
--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net