[PLUG] Bad shutdown and file system damage

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Mon Oct 11 22:39:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 07:31 -0700, Ovid wrote:
> Yesterday, my FC2 box hung.  And hung.  And hung.  Nothing I did seemed
> to have any effect, even hitting the reset switch on the front.  I was
> eventually forced to hit the power switch.

If your reset switch wasn't working, something was really wrong...
that's a pretty low-level thing on the motherboard (something the OS,
itself, doesn't touch).  I would guess either the switch isn't plugged
in to the board properly or you're looking at some serious motherboard
issues.

Does the reset button work now?

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.