[PLUG] Installing Linux on an old PowerPC

Brian Benson brian.maillists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:42:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:37:53 -0500, Michael H. Collins
<mike at linuxlink.com> wrote:
> Used them running ices to send streaming .ogg files from the club venues
>   during South By Southwest Music festival. We would send the streams to
> a big g4 icecast server.  They would then be fed from there.
>
> We (actually myself and the sxsw webmaster) have done it for two years
> and kinda hoped to have video ready for this year but it looks kinda
> farther away.
>
> Why apples?  Because Schlotskys lent us the boxes and that is what they
> were.
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/16/0414225&tid=193

Jeez, thats freaken awesome.  That's cooler then what Evan and I are
going to use ours for.

I got Debian on one today but we're having trouble with the network
card. I replaced the card but the problem persisted with the new one.
It works for a couple seconds then totally trips out.  I can't
remember what the error is but we're going to try a new kernel on
Monday.

Thanks for the tips.  They really helped.
-Brian