[PLUG] Xconq GIS Help Wanted

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Wed Oct 20 13:41:01 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 12:43, Steve Bonds wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:59:31 -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> > My first question for you is... what made you chose C?

I agree completely with you guys on this. If I had my way I would write this
in Perl or shell script in a "New York Minute."

Xconq is cross-platform so we have to write it in C. This ensures that Windows
users will have the ability to import GIS data.

Let me stress, however, that I am absolutely in your corner on the script
thing, If I had a choice I would absolutely use a scripting language. If you
have some ideas on how I may get away with using Perl et al. while
maintaining cross-platform compatibility, please let me know.

-Coop