[PLUG] X windows remote login

Brian Benson brian.maillists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:26:02 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

We have a K12LTSP lab here and I'm trying to resurect these old macs
to be clients for the lab.  I got Debian installed on the machine with
a 2.6.8.1 kernel!  I want the machine to connect to the server via `X
-indirect <ip address>`. This works great.  I created an init script
that runs that command so that when the machine boots it automaticaly
shows the XDMCP server list.  The problem I am having is that when the
students use "ctrl + alt + bkspc" to logout they find themselves at a
console login.  I want it to act like GDM.  So that when they hit
those xserver kill keys they find themselves back at the server list.
Any ideas?

-Brian