[PLUG] Dividing up a console screen

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Oct 20 16:46:02 UTC 2004

I'm on a roll today it appears.  Is there a package for doing
pseudo-windows in a console screen?  Curses is the ticket but I hoping for
something that made it easier ... like the old 4DOS package did.

I'm trying to monitor several process on a headless server via ssh login.
One is the colorized output of tail -f /var/log/maillog which would be
fine in the bottom 10-15 lines.  I have, currently, one other that
monitors the Postfix queues every 30 seconds but only needs 5 lines or so
and around 20 character columns.
   Having both scripts running (background) and writing to their screen
areas would make it very nice and pretty cool also.

So is there something like this out there?

Rod