[PLUG] Dividing up a console screen

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Oct 21 11:47:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Andrew Munkres wrote:

> http://linuz.sns.it/~max/twin/

Thanks!  This looks like the ticket.  His English is a little 'odd' (but
anyone that deals with 2+ languages impresses me) so getting through the
tutorial will be interesting.  Still it looks like just what I need.  It
will be great if it works with(in) a PuTTY terminal connection.

<soapbox>
This brings up one of my pet peeves.  We, in the Linux community, seem to
be driven (or allow ourselves to be driven) towards X-GUI or Web-interface
everything.  Managing servers remotely or from the console can be a pain.
   I'm probably biased as I tend towards Redhat/Fedora (been using it too
long and have a tough time breaking the habit) and the local users' group
(North Idaho) really likes SuSE.  The other distributions probably rely
less on X-Windows and Web-Interfaces so I'm getting what I ask for.
</soapbox>

Thanks for _*ALL*_ the help.

Rod