[PLUG] Dividing up a console screen

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Oct 21 16:27:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> And I agree.  What bothers me most is the console/non-GUI tools are
> disappearing; typically being replaced with a GUI or web only
> interface no text/console or command line option.

Ah, sorry. My caffeine level wasn't high enough to understand your
point.

I have to admit, however, that I have no trouble administering any of
my systems (Fedora Core, Gentoo, Debian) via the command line.

The only GUI lock-in I've encountered has been in third-party
applications like MATLAB or Oracle -- and then only during
installation.

Can I ask what administrative step you encountered required a GUI?

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>