[PLUG] SMTP monitoring

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 25 23:43:54 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Colin" == Colin Kuskie <ckuskie at dalsemi.com> writes:

Colin> I'm trying to help a friend debug some ongoing SMTP problems
Colin> with his system.  We're not sure if the problem is with his
Colin> connection to the internet (which is known to be flaky) or if
Colin> it's the server itself.

Colin> When you get a bounce message and it says:

Colin> <user at remote_spot.org>... Deferred: Connection refused by
Colin> server.remote_spot.org.

Colin> What does that mean?

This sounds a bit like the remote end is doing greylisting.

  <http://greylisting.org/>

Or maybe not.  Hard to tell from the info provided.

seniorr at aracnet.com